This fine historic building was built in 1838 as the East Burke Methodist Church. By the mid-twentieth century it had begun to fall into disuse, until it became, in the 1960s and 1970s, a series of bars, including The Bear Den, Catch an Edge, and The Dirty Ditty. In the late ’70s, a new owner purchased and fully renovated the building. It became Willy’s Restaurant, a popular gourmet eatery and gathering place. When Willy’s closed, Cliff and Jeanie Payne, also owners of Payne’s Dock in Block Island, renamed it, jokingly, the East Burke Yacht Club. For much of the past decade, this beautiful space has been empty. Linda and Johnny are honored to re-establish it’s long tradition of community service!